PE and sport premium for primary schools
The Government are spending over £450 million on improving physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. The Government will allocate this extra funding directly to primary Headteachers.
Schools can choose how they use the funding, for example to:
- hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons
- support and involve children by running after-school sports clubs etc.
- provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers
- run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in sporting events
- run sports activities with other schools
- upgrade sporting equipment
- provide cover for release of staff for PE development
- invest in ways to engage a wider selection of children to participate in a broader range of activities