Vision & Aims of St. Michael’s
(Why we do what we do)
‘Learning to love; love to learn’
Through Christian faith, partnership with home and community, and our core values of Wisdom, Faith, Honesty, Trust & Courage, we are committed to:
- enabling our children to achieve their full potential.
- enriching our children through a vast array of learning, social and cultural experiences.
- equipping our children with the knowledge, skills and values that will enable them to progress in life.
- developing our children to become confident and responsible local, national and global citizens.
Through our core and Christian values, we aim to develop:
- Children who love learning, behave in a responsible caring way and have respect for each other and the environment.
- Teachers who love teaching and staff who love working at St. Michael’s, who are dedicated to their work with the school community and who help children thrive, grow spiritually and who create an exciting, safe and fun learning environment.
- Parents who feel a vital and valued part of school life, who work in partnership with the school to promote and encourage children’s learning and development.
- Governors who love being part of a team committed to providing a well-resourced and environmentally healthy school, who are strategic, supportive yet challenging, and confidential.
We are completely committed to providing our children with a curriculum that inspires and motivates them. We aim to ensure that learning experiences are challenging for all in order to develop resilience as well as knowledge. In addition, we put a strong emphasis on an unerring positive ethos and an expectation of staff and all children living out the values of the school through their everyday behaviours and actions.