Attendance impacts directly on attainment at school and for this reason we ask that parents:
- ensure children attend school regularly and are punctual
- advise the school in advance of any unavoidable absences or holidays (please complete a form available from the school office)
- make medical appointments for after school or during school holidays where possible, or at the end of the day so that your child can attend part of the school day
- provide evidence of any medical appointments
- provide evidence of medication or Doctor’s appointments associated with such illnesses
- do not keep children home for birthday treats, shopping, haircuts or other similar situations – these will not be authorise absences
If a child is absent without prior notice being given, please let school know by leaving an absence message (01344 420878 option 1) as early as possible on every day of your child’s absence. The school will contact home for an explanation if this is not received, either by text or telephone.
Our Education Welfare Officer works closely with school to monitor attendance and absence issues. Any unacceptable or excessive number of absences will be investigated further.