PSHE and RSHE
PSHE at St Michael's Easthampstead
Through our PSHE curriculum at SME, we aim to create an ethos of trust and mutual respect between adults and pupils within the school community and beyond. We aim to enable all members of our school to develop their independence and confidence and to learn to take responsibility for making the most of their abilities. Our children are encouraged to engage in decision making within the school and to express their opinions on a range of issues. Everyone is encouraged to participate in active citizenship, making a positive contribution to the life of the school and the wider community.
Aims for PSHE at St Michael's Easthampstead
The aims of SME's PSHE curriculum are to give children the opportunity to:
- Become successful, independent life-long learners who enjoy progressing on their emotional and academic journey.
- Develop a knowledge, understanding and appreciation of their own beliefs and culture, and those of others.
- Make informed decisions and judgements on spiritual, moral, social and cultural issues based on an appreciation of their own and others’ rights and responsibilities.
- Grow as caring, collaborative and responsible citizens who can make a positive contribution to their own society and the wider global community.
- Extend their understanding of economic well –being and healthy life styles.
- Develop a sense of resilience and perseverance in tackling real-life issues.