Family Support Advisor
The aim of the Family Support Advisor’s role is to support you and your child to get the best from school and to strengthen relationships and communication between home, school and other services.
We aim to do this by:
- Offering one to one support.
- Listening to parents and carers and giving confidential support and guidance.
- Providing access to parenting programmes.
- Supporting parents and carers with their own learning opportunities.
To achieve this we will offer:
- Confidential and flexible support, advice and/or guidance to families through meetings at school, telephone/e-mail communication to individuals, groups and families.
- An awareness and knowledge of other relevant services and agencies and support/guidance to access these.
- Opportunities to meet with other parents/carers through regular, informal events.
Here at St Michael’s, our Family Support Adviser is Jade Birrell. She is usually in school on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Please use the form below to contact Jade, or phone the school office on 01344 420878.